BYU Broadcasting Employment
BYU Broadcasting is a division of Brigham Young University. Broadcast outlets include television, radio, and Internet services. Learn more
BYU, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is sponsored by the LDS Church and requires observance of Church Standards. Preference is given to LDS applicants.
- Apply through Y Jobs
- Applications must be submitted online through Y Jobs Online. All regular positions are posted through Brigham Young University's Employment Services Staff and Administration Office. NOTE: Your application will not be officially considered unless it is submitted through the Y Jobs Online System.
- Ask Questions
- If you have any application questions please contact the Staff and Administrative Employment Office at:
- Employment Services Staff and Administration
D-70 ASB Provo, UT 84602
Full-Time Job Postings
The following full-time positions are also posted in Brigham Young University's Employment Services Staff and Administration Office. If your organization would like to receive information regarding job openings at BYU Broadcasting, please contact BYU Broadcasting Human Resources by telephone at 801.422.8450.
- Assistant Producer BYUTV International, Part-time
- Applications Accepted From: 3/4/2014 - 3/12/2014
1. Schedule shoots. 2 Research for stories that are relevant for the audiences and to BYUB standards. 3. Script writing. 4. Write reports regarding projects. 5. Review footage shot by reporters. 6. Assist students and reporters in fulfilling projects. 7. Help producer oversee projects. **All applications must be submitted online at yjobs.byu.edu
EDUCATION Minimum Required: --Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Broadcast journalism or equivalent; --2-3 years of experience with television/ newscasts / entertainment; --Spanish and/or Portuguese writing skills is required; --Full knowledge of English language Preferred: --Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Broadcast journalism or equivalent; --4-5 years of experience with television/ newscasts / entertainment; --Excellent Spanish and/or Portuguese verbal and writing skills; --Full knowledge of English language. YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Minimum Required: 2-3 years; Preferred: 4-5 years. SKILLS, ABILITIES OR KNOWLEDGE NEEDED: --Excellent writing skills, including writing scripts, story-telling, and writing letters in Spanish and/or Portuguese; --Excellent interpersonal skills, including working with persons and students at BYU Broadcasting, persons in the community and international contacts; --Working knowledge and ability to operate Final Cut, Audition, Soundtrack; --Ability to thrive in an environment requiring teamwork; --Knowledge of Latino culture, sensibilities and trends and the competitive television landscape thereof; --Solid news judgment; --Ability to work under intense deadline pressure; --Exercise self-discipline and time-management skills; --Sound editorial and creative judgment is essential; --Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment including overnight coverage. **All applications must be submitted online at yjobs.byu.edu
EEO Public File Report
View the EEO Public File Report.